Saturday 22 December 2012

Mr W. Inspirational "Green" Advert



I know I originally said I was going to talk about up to date advertising campaigns but today my tutor diverted my attention to this advert named "Mr W". This great video depicts a lonely, vulnerable and confused man just seeking a purpose in life. I just felt like I had to talk about it.

First publicised on the 30th of April 2007, this add was created by Nordpol Hamburg, said to be one of the most creative agencies in the world. It was made for EPURON to be showcased to B-2-B customers on TV and over the internet.

I think that this advert is very clever in the way that it engages with the audience, keeping you guessing right until the last part of the video. I must admit I didn't clock on until the caption "wind" appeared in the bottom right hand corner. This is definitely one of the most original and captivating campaigns I have ever seen, just turning such a bland subject matter as wind into something so mesmerising is a pure stroke of genius.

Feel free to watch the add yourself, what do you think ?

I'd like to thank my tutor Neil for bringing my attention to possibly his "favourite add"

Marketing Student.

No comments:

Post a Comment